Have you ever wanted to travel to Disney, but you didn’t know the best time to actually go? Disney World is a very busy place, but even the Happiest Place on Earth has downtime. Keep reading to discover the best time of year to go to Disney.
Best Time of Year to Go to Disney
Visiting Disney World during any time of the year is fun, but there are some times where it may not be as fun because of the overcrowding. Just think of how badly you want to attend Disney World, you can assume there are many other people who are thinking the same thing.
Check Disney Park Hours
Believe it or not, but Disney World does change its park hours. You will want to keep a close eye on when the park hours are to help you determine when you should go. For us, we like to go from the time the park opens, until the park closes. Your family may have a different idea of when visiting Disney World is fun.
Disney Nerd Tip:
- Want an easy way to find out the park hours, ride wait times and even, where to meet your favorite characters? Check out the Disney World App!
- Pssst….. Disneyland has an app too!
Look for Special Events at Disney
Unless you’re looking for a crown, then going to Disney, during a special event isn’t probably the best idea. The crowds are going to be at their larges. Of course, Disney has a great deal of special events happening throughout the year.
- Christmas time is a very popular time to visit Disney World
- Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween is another very busy time for Disney
- Also, the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival is very popular
There are some Disney fanatics that LOVE to visit Disney around the special events.
Check out the Disney Crowd Calendar
Sometimes, when you’re planning a Disney trip, you need to see everything in one place. The hours, when the events are happening, and when the crowds will be at their biggest. Head over to the Crowd Calendar to see when would be the best time for your family to head to Disney World.
According to Research, here are some of the best times to visit Disney World:
- Weekdays seem to be a better time to go to Disney World, then the weekends
- The months of September and October seem to be another great time to visit Disney World
- The days leading up to Thanksgiving seem to be another good time to visit
- The days leading up to the Christmas holiday season, although visiting on the weekdays is still a good idea
- January and February are also really good times to head to Disney for your family vacation
Of course, if you don’t care about the crowds, then go anytime! Just remember there may be added wait times and it may be a little harder to get around. Even on the busiest day at Disney World, the staff will make your time there as magical as possible.