Heading to a BBQ? Want a no-prep side? Broccoli slaw has you covered! It’s crispy, crunchy, and oh so delicious. Did I mention it’s also low carb? Ohhh yeah.
This easy broccoli slaw recipe is perfect for a weeknight dinner or a BBQ, while being low carb it is full of amazing flavors!
Easy Broccoli Slaw Recipe
I use this broccoli slaw on top of lettuce to make my delicious pulled pork wraps. However it is also amazing to have as a side dish on its own!
Looking for more Low Carb Side dish recipes? Check these out!
- Lemon Roasted Asparagus
- Green beans with bacon
- Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- Cheesy Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
Benefits of Broccoli
Broccoli is probably my favorite vegetable, with a close second being asparagus. I love how crunchy broccoli is before it’s cooked, and honestly when I cook it I still don’t get it to the point of being mushy… I like a little crunch!
Did you know that broccoli has many health benefits?
Vitamin K – essential for the functioning of many proteins involved in blood clotting
Fiber – diets high in fiber promote digestive health. A high fiber intake can also help lower cholesterol.
Potassium – a mineral and electrolyte that is essential for the function of nerves and heart contraction.
Vitamin C – builds collagen, which forms body tissue and bone, and helps cuts and wounds heal. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant and protects the body from damaging free radicals.
Folate – is necessary for the production and maintenance of new cells in the body.
You can serve this recipe immediately at room temperature. However, for best results, cover and place in the refrigerator for a couple hours (or overnight) to give the flavors a chance to combine.
To keep your broccoli fresh and crisp, store it in your vegetable crisper, unwashed in a perforated bag, and try to use within a few days.
Easy Low Carb Broccoli Slaw
- 11.5 ounce bag organic broccoli slaw
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves chopped
- 2 Tablespoon avocado oil mayo
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon whole celery seed
- Sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Add broccoli slaw, parsley, avocado oil mayonnaise, cider vinegar, and celery seed to a large glass or other non-reactive bowl and stir to combine. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately or place in the refrigerator for a couple hours to chill, if desired. Enjoy!