- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1½ T. Italian seasoning, divided
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 T. unsalted butter
- ¼ c. chicken broth, preferably organic
- ½ c. cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 8 oz. fresh Mozzarella cheese, sliced
- ½ t. red pepper flakes
Optional garnish: Sprigs fresh basil
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large, oven-safe skillet over medium heat.
Rub the chicken thighs with the remaining olive oil and sprinkle both sides with one tablespoon Italian seasoning. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and transfer to the hot skillet. Cook for 4-5 minutes per side, or until the chicken develops a golden crust.
Remove from heat and add butter, chicken broth, and cherry tomatoes. Top each chicken thigh with a slice of fresh Mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes and remaining Italian seasoning. Season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired. Transfer skillet into pre-heated oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and the Mozzarella is melted.
Remove from oven and allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes.
To serve, top chicken with some pan sauce and fresh basil sprigs, if desired.
- Carbohydrates: 2.16g