A couple of months ago, my husband and I went to Las Vegas with some friends of ours and had a blast! Because I work with some amazing people, I was able to score some tickets to the world famous Madame Tussauds Wax Museum in exchange for my review of it. I want to be very upfront with you here, I always give my honest feedback when reviewing something regardless of if I paid for it or not.
My Madame Tussauds review:
Let's start this by saying that as a teen I used to be a celebrity junkie, I loved all things celebrity and I always knew when the latest celeb was released in wax, but I was the only one in our group that had heard of it. This made me a little bit nervous that I had oversold this part of our trip. It turned out that I didn't need to be stressed about it, it was actually a fun stop on our trip. Here are my takeaways of the Madame Tussauds Wax Museum:
- Madame Tussauds is located in The Venetian Casino in Vegas and quite honestly was not super easy to find. Maybe that's just part of the Vegas experience, but I had no trouble finding the other things I was looking for this trip, so I definitely feel like it could be located in a space that was a little easier to find or maybe some more signs or something.
- The wax sculptures to me were hit and miss. Some such as Jane Lynch, Shaq, and Mike Tyson and quite a few more were spot on, while others we were left questioning who they were (Jamie Foxx was one such sculpture). Still, though, there were more that were great than not.
- The Marvel SuperHeroes 4D Experience was WAY cooler than I expected it to be. I felt like we were getting ready to watch something that my 11-year-old son would like so my hopes were not high for this, but I was quite surprised. I walked out of there with a smile on my face. Oh, and if you are wondering, yes, my 11-year-old would have flipped out over it!
- The Hangover Experience was pretty cool. It was too early in the day for us to enjoy a drink along with it, but I bet that would be pretty fun too!
- The price is a bit steep. While I definitely think I would visit again, I don't think I would visit without looking for a coupon or a discounted price to get in. I get that everything in Vegas is expensive, but I think $20 is a bit steep for the price. If you want to go, be sure and take this $5 off Madame Tussauds coupon with you! The coupon is valid for up to 10 people!
See what I mean about Jamie Foxx?